STORY XLVIII WHO MADE THE STARS?
1. “Mother, who made the stars,
which light the beautiful blue sky?
Who made the moon, so clear and bright,
That rises up so high?”
2. “‘T’was God, my child, the Glorious One,
He formed them by his power;
He made alike the brilliant sun,
And every leaf and flower.
3. “He made your little feet to walk;
Your sparkling eyes to see;
Your busy, prattling tongue to talk,
And limbs so light and free.
4. “He paints each fragrant flower that blows,
With loveliness and bloom;
He gives the violet and the rose
Their beauty and perfume.
5. “Our various wants his hands supply;
He guides us every hour;
We’re kept beneath his watchful eye,
And guarded by his power.
6. “Then let your little heart, my love,
Its grateful homage pay to that kind
Friend, who, from above,
Thus guides you every day.
7. “In all the changing scenes of time,
On Him our hopes depend;
In every age, in every clime,
Our Father and our Friend.”
Go to Lesson 49 here.